Use of the Website
The Website is intended for your personal, non-commercial use. You may access and use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You may not use the Website in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by us, our licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United Kingdom and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate us, our employees, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
In addition, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorised purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
The Website may contain comments, reviews, photos, and other content submitted by users of the Website ("User Content"). We do not endorse any User Content, and we are not responsible or liable for any User Content posted by you or any third party.
By posting User Content to the Website, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based on, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Website and our business and on third-party sites and services), without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Content and have the right to grant the licence granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
- All of your User Content does and will comply with these Terms.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Content you submit or contribute, and you, not us, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
Accuracy of Information
We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Website. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Website and all information, content, materials, products (including software) and services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Website are provided by us on an "as is" and "as available" basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Website, or the information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Website, unless otherwise specified in writing. You expressly agree that your use of the Website is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall we or our affiliates, licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers, or directors be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the Website, any websites linked to it, any content on the Website or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or other damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, any User Content you post, any use of the Website's content, services, and products other than as expressly authorised in these Terms, or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Website and these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Scotland, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the courts located in Scotland, and you hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate these Terms, you may discontinue using the Website.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time without prior notice. Your continued use of the Website after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to any of these Terms or any future Terms, do not use or access (or continue to access) the Website.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.